Product safety is our top priority
Product safety is ensured in all stages of the supply chain from the product development and procurement to the production and distribution. The quality and safety of products are enhanced with certifications, audits, staff training and effective processes.
Main events in 2018
- The product quality was at a good level and there was no need for any public product recalls.
- In our own and our subcontractors’ production plants, several external and internal audits were conducted related to the certification, product quality and traceability of raw materials.
Raisio aims to produce safe products of high-quality so that there is no need to make any product recalls. However, if a quality problem is detected in a product, the recall is made without delay and reasons leading to the situation are examined carefully.
Certifications of Raisio’s production sites
- Quality Management System ISO 9001
- Environmental Management System ISO 14001
- The BRC certification of product safety and quality at the food production plants
- Organic production certificate at the food production plants
- Kosher certificate at the food production plants
- Kosher and halal certificates in the Benecol ingredient production
- RSPO Supply Chain certificate at the Nokia mill
Certifications and quality systems ensure the safety of production. They guarantee, for example, the functionality of our traceability processes.
Achievement of the targets set in the responsibility programme 2016-2018
|We will maintain the BRC certification at our food sites.||Goal achieved.|
|Raisioaqua aims at an excellent recipe accuracy in its feeds.||Recipe accuracy and product quality have improved, for example, with the investment made at the fish feed factory.|
|The number of recalls will be zero.||Goal achieved.|